Tires Plus Face Covering Requirement FAQs
1. Why is Bridgestone Retail Operations updating its mask/face covering policy?
BSRO is updating its policy in accordance with CDC guidance. In late July 2021, the CDC recommended that due to new, highly transmittable forms of COVID-19, fully vaccinated individuals should continue to wear a mask. We are updating our policy with this recommendation in mind. For customers who choose not to come into the store, we will continue to provide Safer Services such as Curbside Drop-off.
2. Who is required to wear a face covering in your stores?
In following with CDC guidelines, all Bridgestone teammates are required to wear a mask or face covering while working in our stores, with the exception of the instances outlined in our Summer Mask Policy (example: working alone under the hood of a vehicle, when performing a task that makes mask-wearing unsafe).
3. I went to a BSRO store and the employees weren’t wearing a face covering. Are they required to wear them?
Yes, as of August 2, 2021, all BSRO employees regardless of their vaccination status are required to wear a mask or face covering, and social distance while working at the store. This decision has been made to protect the safety of our employees, as well as the community at large.
4. If I need a face covering or mask, will you still provide them?
All BSRO locations are supplied with disposable face coverings for our customers. When you arrive at the store, please ask our employees for a disposable face covering to use during your visit.
5. How is Bridgestone reducing risks at its retail stores?
We are staying up to date and closely following guidance from the CDC, local, state and federal health officials so that we can quickly adapt our virus prevention measures as needed. With that in mind, our stores continue to follow CDC recommendations to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Some of these measures include enhanced cleaning efforts, and elevated handwashing protocols.
6. What is BSRO doing when an employee tests positive for COVID-19? -or- What happens to other employees when one of their colleagues tests positive for COVID-19?
Employee and customer safety continue to be our top priority. When an employee tests positive for COVID-19, we may close the store for cleaning, depending on the vaccination status of all teammates at the store location. The COVID-19 positive teammate is asked to quarantine until a negative test result is provided. We also contact any customer who has been at the store in the past 48 hours to notify them of a potential interaction with a person positive for COVID-19.
7. How many customers and employees are allowed in the front, customer service area of the store at one time?
With the updated guidance from the CDC, and vaccination rates continuing to rise, we have removed our restriction on the number of customers and employees allowed in the front shop of our stores.
8. Are BSRO employees required to wear any other PPE (besides a mask)?
BSRO employees may wear gloves when working if they choose, but they are not required. As a best practice, technicians are still asked to use steering wheel and seat covers while working in a customer’s vehicle.
Customers with additional questions regarding our store face covering requirement and COVID-19 response should call 1-844-293-7514.