Supplemental Tire Warranty
LIMITED TIRE WARRANTY
This Limited Warranty covers new BRIDGESTONE, FIRESTONE, LEMANS, DAYTON and PRIMEWELL brand passenger and light truck tires. See "Other Brands’ Warranties" section below for applicable warranty information on different brand passenger or light truck tires purchased from Bridgestone or Firestone locations.
This Limited Warranty only applies to the original purchaser, and is valid if all the following apply:
- The tire was purchased after June 1, 2011.
- The tire is a size and speed rating equivalent to or greater than that specified by the vehicle manufacturer.
- The tire has been used only on the vehicle on which it was originally installed.
- The tire has not been used in commercial service (exception: certain coverage applies to Bridgestone Duravis and Firestone Transforce tires if used in commercial service).
BRIDGESTONE PLATINUM PACT LIMITED TIRE WARRANTY
The Platinum Pact Limited Warranty covers all Bridgestone brand passenger and light truck tires – except winter, and "temporary use" spare tires. A tire covered by the Platinum Pact Limited Warranty will be replaced with an equivalent new tire — either free of charge or for a pro–rated purchase price if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual.
Basic Limited Tire Warranty
The Basic Limited Warranty covers all tires in the following brands:
- Need Brand from client
- Need Brand from client
A tire covered by the Basic Limited Warranty will be replace with an equivalent new tire for a pro–rated purchase price if it becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the following conditions:
- There is no free replacement period.
- Coverage extends up to 5 years (3 years for Primewell brand) from the date of purchase — proof of purchase date required. Without proof of purchase date, warranty is then effective for 6 years (4 years for Primewell brand) from the date of tire manufacture. During this period, the tire will be replaced, charging a pro–rated purchase price. To determine the replacement price, the percent of worn tread is multiplied by THE RETAILER’S selling price for the replacement tire(s) at the time of the warranty transaction. The appropriate taxes, mounting, balancing, disposal fees, and other service charges may be added to the replacement price.
- The tire must not be worn to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) or less remaining original tread depth (i.e. worn down to the top of the built–in indicators in the tread grooves).
- Exclusions apply — as identified in the section "What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover."
"30–DAY BUY & TRY" GUARANTEE
Certain Bridgestone and Firestone brand passenger and light truck tires – sold in sets of 4 or more tires through an authorized retailer — are covered by the "30–Day Buy & Try" Guarantee. If a retail customer is not completely satisfied with his/her eligible Bridgestone or Firestone brand tires, the tires can be returned to the location where they were originally purchased within 30 days of purchase for a full refund or exchange. Original proof of purchase is required. The "30–Day Buy & Try" Guarantee applies only to full sets of tires (4 or more tires purchased together); return of less than a full set of tires will not be accepted.
Bridgestone and Firestone brand tires ineligible for the Buy & Try Guarantee:
- Winter tires (including Blizzak models)
- Run–Flat Tires (RFT) (NOTE: Potenza RE960AS RFT tires are also eligible.)
- Potenza RE–01R and Potenza RE–11R tires
- Original equipment tires on new vehicles
- "Temporary use" spare tires
Additional exclusions apply, as identified in the section "What This Limited Warranty Does Not Cover".
WINTER TIRE & TEMPORARY SPARE TIRE WARRANTY
A Bridgestone brand winter, or "temporary use" spare tire will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro–rated purchase price – if the tire becomes unusable for any reason within the manufacturer’s control under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual.
OTHER BRANDS’ TIRE WARRANTIES
If you’ve purchased a passenger or light truck tire bearing one of the following brands, visit the applicable website or call the customer service number for complete information on your warranty.
SUPPLEMENTAL MILEAGE LIMITED WARRANTY
If a tire covered by the Supplemental Mileage Limited Warranty wears evenly across the tread down to the tread wear indicators — 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) — during the stated warranted mileage for that tire (as evidenced by the vehicle’s odometer), the tire will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro–rated purchase price under the conditions listed in the Warranty Manual.
ROAD HAZARD PROTECTION WARRANTY
Tires qualifying for replacement hereunder will be replaced with an equivalent new tire for a pro–rated purchase price. If a registered tire is discontinued or not available, a tire of similar value (to be determined at the discretion of THE RETAILER), will be substituted. Mounting and balancing of a repaired or replaced tire will be free of charge.
No tire covered by this Certificate will be eligible for replacement more than once – or for repair more than twice — during the coverage period. Coverage can be purchased for a tire that has been replaced or repaired for an additional charge and taxes, where applicable.
When the tire is worn down to 2/32nds of an inch, this Tire Replacement or Repair Certificate coverage ends.